Wikipedia American Sign Language

Mon Apr 23 14:23:20 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 23, 2007

Bill Reese wrote:
> All this excitement with Wikimedia makes me wish I used ASL, just
> so I could volunteer for the project.  :-)
> I'll be watching it progress with great interest.  You can be
> assured that I'll comment if I can be of help.

Thank you, Bill! And I wish you could contribute articles too...

I feel the same way...I know how to sign, but I do not feel
necessarily skilled in ASL...(I wish I were!)

ASL videos could be transcribed for the ASL Wikipedia, and there are
videos to transcribe if you would ever want that...but it is a big
job...

Your comments are very welcome!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Online Sign Language Community
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

6. MovementWriting