General Arrowhead...Both hands move on same path...

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Feb 18 19:27:37 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
February 18, 2007

On Feb 14, 2007, at 1:16 PM, Adam Frost wrote:
> Now my question is if you were to write continue from the side
> view (purely hypertheotical of course), then the general arrow would
> be used? And would that still be correct if the two hands were not
> touching (ie as in the sign for way)? Just trying to see if I
> understand this rule correctly. :-) Adam

Adam -

Whether it is written from the side view or the front view...doesn't
matter....

We are not talking about a path hiding from the reader's view...we
are talking about paths that pull the hands in different
directions..if the pull is right and left, that is two separate
paths...if the pull is overlapping...that is a general arrowhead...

Here is a diagram...from the side view...does this help a little? The
second one shows, by the space between the arrow paths, that the two
hands are separated a bit and moving forward together...but the first
one shows one hand in front of the other moving forward on the same
path...