Thought about organizing by signs.

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Feb 22 19:09:45 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
Feb 22, 2007

> On Feb 22, 2007, at 10:07 AM, Adam_Frost_ wrote:
> I was just wondering how these two signs (PLUS and TO) would be
> ordered. They both have the same symbols, and the placing of the
> symbols is exactly the same except for a slight shift of the
> dominate hand. Which would go first in the SSS? (I think that is
> what it is called.) Adam PS Happy Birthday Val!

Thank you! ;-)

These are sorted with Finger Location Symbols, which are some of the
symbols that still have to be added to the IMWA. They will be placed
at the end of the Finger Movement section of symbols (when they are
added)...

There are two factors that make these signs different. Finger
Location-Height, and Finger Location-front or back or side.

The tip of the finger comes first in height. So the second sign would
come before the first one in a dictionary sorted by SSS...

Hope this helps!