Vatican requested 10 SignWriting books...Gospel John in ASL

Mon Nov 16 15:35:09 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
November 16, 2009

The Vatican requested 10 copies of our Gospel According to John books,
written in ASL...

I print the books, one at a time here, and laminate the covers, and
bind the books myself. At the time of the Vatican's request, I only
had 9 copies to send, so I sent them 9 copies.

I am hoping that the 9 Gospel John books, in ASL, will arrive in time,
and be distributed to participants at a conference being held at the
Vatican, related to Deaf people in the Catholic Church, Nov
19-21st...this week...

Conference at the Vatican: The Deaf Person in the Life of the Church
http://www.healthpastoral.org/text.php?cid=483&sec=3&docid=149&lang=en

Maria Azzopardi Galea and Dr. Marie Alexander, from Malta, will be
attending the conference at the Vatican. They will bring portions of
the Bible written in Maltese Sign Language too...plus some of our ASL
books...thank you for all you are doing in Malta...smile...

So this will be an important conference, demonstrating that the Bible
can be written in sign languages now...I am so curious to hear of the
reaction from other participants...I can imagine this will be a new
idea to them...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help