[Sw-l] [SPAM] Re: Uta Mei=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=9Fner_?=introduces herself

Amit Moryossef amitmoryossef at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 27 17:57:22 UTC 2021

Hi Jonathan,
I have developed something quite crude, to only detect computer-written
SignWriting using what's called "template matching".
I never attempted handwritten SignWriting OCR, and it's not on my work plan
for the current future...
My apologies if I got your hopes up regarding this area :) It would be
great to have such a tool someday.
(btw if you are curious at how I would do it:
1. take some handwritten signwriting and matching computer writing
2. train a GAN to take any signwriting and convert it to look like
handwritten
3. convert all of signbank, then train an OCR model)

Amit

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu