[Sw-l] Announcing the SignWriting Symposium 2024

Steve Slevinski slevin at signpuddle.net
Sun Jul 2 18:35:48 UTC 2023

Hi SignWriting list at linguistlist.org,

Now that I'm posting to the right list...

*Announcing: SignWriting Symposium 2024!
**Details to follow on sutton-signwriting.io*

*Four tracks*:

    1) Growth
    2) Technology
    3) Data
    4) Platforms

*Fifteen subtracks*:

*Growth:
*

    *i. Students*
    *ii. Teachers*
    *iii. Writers*
    *iv. Researchers*
    *v. Other*

*Technology:
*

    *vi. Fonts*
    *vii. Software*
    *viii. Machine Learning/AI*
    *ix. Other*

*Data:
*

    *x. Character Encodings*
    *xi. Schemas*
    *xii. Datasets*
    *xiii. Other*

*Platforms:
*

    *xiv. Sutton SignWriting Resources*
    *xv. Wikimedia*
    *xvi. Other*

Participation will be by country and language.

We are reaching out to invite all interested individuals—educators,
researchers, developers, and enthusiasts—to share their work, thoughts,
and innovations in the form of URLs, documents, code, data, and video
presentations ranging from 5 to 30 minutes.

*Your Contribution, Your Voice*

We encourage submissions that approach these topics from various angles:

    *Applications*: Share unique, inspiring, and practical applications
    of SignWriting across diverse contexts.

    *Vision for the Future*: Envision the future of SignWriting. What
    new directions and developments could emerge?

    *Success Stories*: Share your inspiring stories of success and
    breakthroughs with SignWriting.

    *Research Potential*: Explore potential research areas that could
    bring about new insights and revelations in the field of SignWriting.

    *Alternative Designs*: Propose and discuss innovative alternative
    designs that could redefine the field.

    *Criticism*: Share your constructive criticism of Sutton
    SignWriting's current state.

Join us in examining the current state of Sutton SignWriting and
collaboratively shaping its future.

At the Sutton SignWriting Symposium 2024, every voice matters in the
journey of refining and revolutionizing sign language documentation and
representation. We look forward to your unique contributions and to
driving thoughtful, productive discussions.

If you are interested in participating, registration will soon be open
on sutton-signwriting.io

Let's together chart the future of sign language at the SignWriting
Symposium 2024!