[Sw-l] png files of all symbols?

Wallyson Ruan wallysonruan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 16:23:27 UTC 2023

Yeah, I realized they'd be images. It makes everything easier if you think
about it. The first benefit is being able to get the signs into any tool
using a built-in support for images, instead of the whole ordeal of adding
a new font and hoping for some compatibility.

-

FSW stands for "Formal Sign Writing", you can think of it as a set of
coordinates or a blueprint to create a sign.

With a FSW string you can recreate a sign container, the symbols and place
them in the right plane, side and "z-index".

All signs have a FSW. I've attached an image to this email, it's a
screenshot from a Libras sign I just researched in signpuddle2. As you can
see, it has a quite big FSW.

You can find more information on it in this documentation written by Steve:
https://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting-01.html#rfc.section.3