[Sw-l] Question about the direction of movement indicated by the touching contact symbol

Adam Frost icemandeaf at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 19:51:04 UTC 2023

When writing with only the double touch symbol, any of those movements could be interpreted and acceptable. My question is do those other movements have a difference in meaning? If not, it just becomes a difference in accent, but people will still understand each other. If there is a difference, then you should write it for the difference in meaning.

ASL has a sign that is similar to your sign for time, but only the double touch contact symbols would be used because it really doesn’t matter which of the three different movements are done as it doesn’t change the meaning.

Adam