[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Workshop on Tone and Intonation - 3

shakuntala mahanta shakunmahanta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:33:25 UTC 2015

*Apologies if this of no interest to you*

Dear all,
We would like to draw your attention to the upcoming workshop on tone and
intonation (WTI-3) to be held at IIT Guwahati (Assam, India) from 7-8
January 2016. The website for the workshop is
here:http://www.iitg.ernet.in/wti3/
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 20th August, 2015
Conference dates: 7-8 January, 2015

Invited speakers:
Bert Remijsen (Edinburgh)
Carlos Gussenhoven (Nijmegen)
Aditi Lahiri (not confirmed)

In this workshop we aim to focus on the languages spoken in Northeast
India (Tibeto-Burman, Indic and Munda languages) and we seek to give a
platform to researchers working on tone and intonation of the languages of
Northeast India from descriptive, theoretical or experimental
perspectives.
However, it is not intended to restrict the scope of the workshop to these
languages only. Prosodic aspects of any language may be presented in the
workshop.

Prospective authors are invited to contribute their abstracts, which can
be submitted electronically via easychair following the link
below.https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wti3
Last date of submission of abstracts is 20 August, 2015.
Acceptance notifications will be sent on 30th September, 2015.
Abstracts will be peer reviewed (double blind) by a panel of experts
Abstracts should be anonymous. Abstracts containing the name of the author
will be rejected (we will ask you to send your abstracts with your name
after they are accepted)

Abstracts are to be submitted in pdf format, with fonts embedded.
Abstracts should not be longer than one side of a A4 page with 2.5cm
margins. Abstracts must be single-spaced, 12 point font size. Examples and
references may be included in another page (but no text)
Please use Doulos SIL font, which can be downloaded
fromhttp://scripts.sil.org/DoulosSIL_download.

You may choose to present your work either as a talk or a poster or as a
poster only.

Please circulate the announcement to interested participants.

Thanking you,
Sincerely,
Shakuntala Mahanta

Shakuntala Mahanta
Associate Professor
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
North Guwahati. PIN -781039
91 361 2582565 (o) 91 361 2584565 (r)
http://www.iitg.ac.in/smahanta