[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Appeal

Randy J. LaPolla randy.lapolla at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:34:47 UTC 2016

From: "Brookes, Tim" <brookes at champlain.edu <mailto:brookes at champlain.edu>>
Subject: Appeal
Date: 20 June 2016 9:33:16 pm SGT

Dear Colleagues:
This is just a quick and, I hope, non-annoying note to let you know that my Endangered Alphabets Project has just launched our year's most important Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign. My aim is to raise $15,000 to create a major exhibition of carvings for International Mother Language Day in February 2017. Each carving will say "mother tongue" in an endangered minority script. When that exhibition is done, I plan to dismantle it and ship the individual carvings to community organizations in the countries of origin that are working to preserve endangered cultures and their languages.
Please check out the Kickstarter home page at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1496420787/the-right-to-read-the-right-to-write <https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1496420787/the-right-to-read-the-right-to-write>
If you feel you can support the campaign, great. If not, please forward this email and the link to anyone you think might be interested in our work.
Thanks so much.
Tim Brookes
PS My apologies to those of you who get hit from several directions at once by this post!