[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] more minority language mobile phone keyboards

Nathan Hill nh36 at soas.ac.uk
Sat Feb 13 10:23:54 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues,

I am happy to announce that working with relevant community members for
each language, Julien Bayley and I have now added Thadou, two orthographies
of Wa, and standard Zhuang to the Microsoft Swiftkey mobile phone keyboard
app. They appear in the app as follows.

Kuki (Thadou)
Vahcuengh
Wa (China) \ Loux Vāx (Joung Gox)
Wa (Myanmar) \ Loux Vax (Meung Man)

SwiftKey can be downloaded at Google Play or Apple's App Store. Please help
us to spread this news among Wa, Zhuang, and Thadou speakers.

With help from many of you we had previously added Paite, Hruso, Hani,
Galo, and Anong. We are eager to add more Asian minority languages. If you
work with a language community that does not have a mobile phone predictive
keyboard, please get in touch.

very best,
Nathan

--
Dr Nathan W. Hill
Reader in Tibetan and Historical Linguistics