[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] TB Studies on linguistic encoding of plant–human interactions

Nathan Straub 曹內森 nstraub at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 04:22:22 UTC 2021

Hello Kristine,

I'm not really sure what all plant-human interactions would entail... Does
it include those studies of how plants respond to different styles of
music?
https://www.npr.org/2019/06/21/734471703/music-for-plants-mort-garson-plantasia-stevie-wonder
https://bloomscape.com/green-living/does-music-affect-plant-growth/#:~:text=One%20of%20the%20earliest%20studies,a%2072%25%20increase%20in%20biomass
.
On the TB side, I thought of Holly Sellers's PhD research at La Trobe on
the ethnobotany and folk taxonomy of plants of the Thailand Lisu. I can't
locate a copy of her thesis right now, but here is a conference paper she
gave about it.
https://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/handle/10125/42016

There is also Laur Kiik's recent studies of conservation beliefs and
ethnonationalism among the Kachin.
https://www.etis.ee/CV/Laur_Kiik/eng
https://www.anthro.ox.ac.uk/people/laur-kiik#/

Hope this helps!