[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Nivison (1992) On modal qi. 25th ICSTLL

K JF jfk2022jfk at outlook.com
Wed Apr 20 14:35:36 UTC 2022

Dear members of the Tibeto-burman-linguistics mailing list,

I would like to know if any of you has this article:-

Nivison, D. S. 1992. On “modal” qi. Paper for the 25th International Conference on Sino-Tibetan Languages and Linguistics, Berkeley, October 15, 1992.

That is the citation given in Sagart (1999) The Roots of Old Chinese. But the same paper appears as “Modal qi in Shang and early Zhou Chinese” in the bibliography of the ICSTLL available online.

I could not find any publication information of those earlier ICSTLL except for a few on WorldCat. Nor could I find the above paper published later elsewhere e.g. in another journal.

I am an amateur who is interested in linguistics, so I could not contact anyone in the field to ask for access of the article. Your help is appreciated!

Best regards,

Shumin WU