FUPA follow-up &c

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Sun Feb 10 15:24:43 UTC 2002

Dear Uralists,

while forwarding the following query by Michael Everson (below), let me ask Michael, Klaas and Trond what kind of feedback they expect.

My suggestion: comments and questions concerning the details and character(s) of the FUPA draft (http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/fupa-2002-01-30.pdf), especially if they are intended to provoke further discussion, are VERY WELCOME on URA-LIST as well (although you can, of course, send them exclusively to Michael, Klaas and Trond if you like).

However, I fail to see the relevance of mere statements of consensus ("yes, I also think that it is VERY IMPORTANT to include the FUPA characters in UNICODE") on this list. If such "votes" are still needed (as I understood they were once), I would like to suggest that the FUPA-UNICODE group gives another address where they can be sent and collected for future reference. After all, most of us (who count ;-) ) seem to agree that the FUPA-UNICODE project is extremely important for all our publication activities.

One reason for my impatience is the sad fact that the only effective way to keep spam off this list is to keep it hand-moderated, that is, I must personally accept and forward every incoming message. Please be patient if your contribution takes time to appear on the list!

Regards,
Johanna
johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at