FUPA follow-up

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Mon Feb 11 08:03:46 UTC 2002

At 16:24 +0100 2002-02-10, Johanna Laakso wrote:

>My suggestion: comments and questions concerning the details and
>character(s) of the FUPA draft
>(http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/fupa-2002-01-30.pdf),
>especially if they are intended to provoke further discussion, are
>VERY WELCOME on URA-LIST as well (although you can, of course, send
>them exclusively to Michael, Klaas and Trond if you like).

That would be very nice.

Basically what we did was look at what characters and diacritics are
used in FUPA and we have compared that to what is in Unicode. What's
missing, we propose for addition.

>However, I fail to see the relevance of mere statements of consensus
>("yes, I also think that it is VERY IMPORTANT to include the FUPA
>characters in UNICODE") on this list. If such "votes" are still
>needed

They are not. The proposal when revised (VERY SOON) will be a joint
Irish, Finnish, and Norwegian paper, and it mentions that we have
been in contact with experts and have their support.
--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com
<everson at evertype.com>

(un)subscribe ura-list my.own at email.address