The name FUPA

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Thu Feb 28 10:48:41 UTC 2002

(Klaas Ruppel (klaas.ruppel at kotus.fi) writes:)

Michael Everson (everson at evertype.com) writes:
>  > I don't much like "FUT".

Is it because a FU... -like not very nice abbreviation already exists
in English?

>I am inclined to stick to it because it does seem that the
>  > bulk of material written in it belongs to that branch of Uralic.

Michael, in our proposal the evidence shown in the Figures comes for
an important part from Samoyedic languages: Lehtisalo,
Juraksamojedisches Wörterbuch (Fig. 39-57, 88). Also Fig. 67 has
Samoyedic.

Actually I do not know what to do yet.

Today the Finnish National Committee will deal with the proposal.
--
|\ |\ |\  Klaas Ruppel http://www.kotus.fi/english.html

(un)subscribe ura-list my.own at email.address
Mirror archive: http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ura-list.html