Query: Text in Komi and Udmurt

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Tue Oct 21 12:35:19 UTC 2003

>From Florian Siegl <florian.siegl at gmx.net>

Dear all,

I intend to prepare a parallel corpus for syntactic research on Komi and =
Udmurt for my M.A. thesis. First, I intended to use some chapters from =
the latest Komi and Udmurt gospel translations but I rejected the idea =
because the language of the bible is highly marked (and therefore rather =
untypical) and did not display the features I was looking for. I wonder =
if anyone is aware of a text (e.g. Dostojevski, Pu=B9kin or something =
comparable) that has been translated BOTH, to Komi AND Udmurt. I'm =
looking for a longer coherent text (non-political!!!), at least 40 pages =
long, judged by common-sense as a good translation and which is readily =
available. If anybody has suggestions please contact me directly:

florian.siegl at gmx.net

Best wishes,

Florian Siegl

(un)subscribe ura-list my.own at email.address