The ethics of copying Finno-Ugrian books?

Trond Trosterud trond.trosterud at hum.uit.no
Sat Feb 23 22:57:59 UTC 2008

Michael Everson kirjoitti 23. feb. 2008 kello 10.47:

> I think Russia may not have signed copyright agreements, so it is
> not really an issue. László Fejes is right, you should certainly try
> to contact the authors.
> If you decide to translate it, I would consider publishing it in
> hard-copy.

Note that it has already been translated into English. The translator
was at least working at Indiana 15 years ago, but I must admid I do
not remember his name right now.

The book _is_ very good indeed, and has fantastic drawings. So, I do
recommend bot a reprint in Russian, and translations to English and
Finnish. (do both volutmes!).

Trond.

Trond Trosterud                                        t +47 7764 4763
Institutt for språkvitskap, Det humanistiske fakultet  m +47 950 70140
N-9037 Universitetet i Tromsø, Noreg                   f +47 7764 5216
Trond.Trosterud (a) hum.uit.no          http://www.hum.uit.no/a/trond/