New book series - Samica

Michael Rießler m.riessler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 09:28:48 UTC 2014

Dear all,

we are pleased to announce a new project launched by The Freiburg Research Group in Saami Studies.

SAMICA (ISSN 2199-6229) is a multidisciplinary book series and publishes shorter contributions on the languages, literatures, and cultures of Sápmi written potentially in any language. Publications include the results of scientific research projects, descriptive and teaching materials as well as Saami texts in translation and the original.

The editors of SAMICA are Thomas Mohnike (Université de Strasbourg), Michael Rießler and Joshua Wilbur (both Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg).

The first SAMICA book appeared October 1st. It is a German translation of Nils-Aslak Valkeapää's "Greetings from Lappland". The second book is a small Pite Saami dictionary, which will be printed in November. The third book project is also almost finished and is a collection of Skolt Saami texts from Neiden. It will appear in February 2015.

More books about different Saami languages are planned and will be announced later. We are also open to your manuscripts and suggestions.

SAMICA books can be ordered from
Skandinavisches Seminar
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
D–79085 Freiburg
Email: info at skandinavistik.uni-freiburg.de
Tel: +49-761-2033302
Fax: +49-761-2033366

We provide a 10% discount for series subscribers and a 35% discount for resellers.

For more information on the single publications, ordering, etc., please consult оur webpage (http://saami.uni-freiburg.de/samica).

See also today's news entry (in German) about the series on the homepage of the University of Freiburg (http://www.pr.uni-freiburg.de/pm/2014/pm.2014-10-07.102).

Thomas Mohnike
Michael Rießler
Joshua Wilbur

--

The Freiburg Research Group in Saami Studies
Skandinavisches Seminar
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität
79085 Freiburg

T +49(0)761 203-3219