Query on scope & membership

Gail Coelho gail at UTXVMS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Tue Jun 1 19:57:40 UTC 1999

          John Peterson, University of Munich, Germany
Details:  Send email to listserv at listserv.syr.edu and say INFO VYAKARAN

>Many of us have been dissatisfied with the type of discussion we seen in
>the by now almost 10 years old INDOLOGY list: too much casteism,
>nationalism,  Aryan/Dravidian=North/South problems, simple traditionalism,
>-- and certainly too much useless input by 1st generation immigrant
>computer engeneers, etc. who do not know a thing about linguistics,
>philology etc.

Could you tell me how to subscribe to Indology, please? I want to find out
what these discussions were about. I'm interested in Indian attitudes to
the Aryan/Dravidian issue.

Gail