Q: Sheedis or Seedis

Margaret Ronkin ronkinm at GUSUN.GEORGETOWN.EDU
Wed Jun 9 01:28:53 UTC 1999

          John Peterson, University of Munich, Germany

Recently, the Washington Post and the International Herald
Tribune ran an article on Sheedis (in Pakistan) and Seedis
(in India), with mention of a related group of people in Sri
Lanka.  I would like to know of ethnographic, linguistic
and sociolinguistic studies of Sheedi or Seedi communities,
preferably in and around Karachi, but also elsewhere in
Pakistan and in India.  Please reply directly to me.

Maggie Ronkin
Ph.D. Candidate, Sociolinguistics
Georgetown University