New Start!

john John.Peterson at GERMANISTIK.UNI-MUENCHEN.DE
Wed May 12 12:51:57 UTC 1999

Hello one and all!

I'm glad to see that the list is once again running - and fully automatic this time. That means there will be no more bloopers from me trying to send out all the mails by hand!

Many thanks go to Tej Bhatia at Syracuse for rescuing the list from oblivion. He'll basically be managing the list from now on. So, if there's ever any need for information about the running of the list, he's the one to contact. I'll be glad to help if I can, but Tej is now in charge of the day-to-day business.

Please also note that the list is no longer run from here in Germany, but from Syracuse. You should all have received a welcoming message from the list with the details when you signed up. Please remember: the address for the list is now < vyakaran at listserv.syr.edu >. If you try sending a message to the old address, it will be bounced back.

So, here's to a new start! I sincerely hope that the list will be used more often in the future, especially now that it's automatic. Maybe we should 'advertise' it somewhere on the web - any suggestions?

All the best!

john