Bir Hor

ravi prasad prasa006 at TC.UMN.EDU
Thu Apr 6 16:27:56 UTC 2000

          John Peterson, University of Munich, Germany

The Munda Language BIRHOR is still spoken in many districts of Bihar. In
Dec,1999 i visited a birhor community
of about 500 people in a village in Koderma district.They still use their
language. Hunting and agriculture are their primary occupation. Birhor
speakers can also be found in the districts of Nawadah, Giridih and
Deoghar. There are more than 10,000 speakers in Bihar.
Ravi