An etymology

Kalyanamalini Sahoo kalyana at HF.NTNU.NO
Thu Apr 19 14:56:46 UTC 2001

          John Peterson, University of Munich, Germany

>For Kalyanamalini Sahoo:
>
>When you refer to the Sauraa language below, is it to the language in
>the Munda (Sora, Saora, Savara, Saura, Swara) family or the one in the
>Dravidian family (Savara)? Or are these all the same language?

Here, I refer to the one in the Austro-Asiatic family (Sora, Saora, Savara,
Saura). It is distinct from the one (Savara) in the Dravidian family.
Like Sauraa, SantaaLi,and Ho, Munda also belongs to the austro-Asiatic
family.

Kalyanamalini