Internet Bibliography

John Peterson jpeterso at UNI-OSNABRUECK.DE
Fri Aug 24 10:37:43 UTC 2001

Hello!

I would like to direct your attention to the following website, which is a running bibliography I have been putting together for the last several months on the endangered and seldom studied languages of South Asia:

http://www.southasiabibliography.de

I hasten to add that it is NOT anywhere near completion (and I doubt it ever will be). It is just a list that I have been putting together of literature on the lesser known languages of South Asia.

I assume that most people will be interested in the sections on Indo-Aryan and Dravidian. Unfortunately, these are the sections which I have only just begun to deal with so there's not much to see there yet. Until now I have been busy almost exclusively with the data on Tibeto-Burman and Munda languages, so these sections are relatively up-to-date.

I would be grateful for any comments, suggestions, and above all NEW DATA for the bibliography!! I am especially interested in newer titles, but older titles, especially standard works, will be gratefully accepted.

If you have any suggestions, please send them to me at this address. As I am working on this alone, it could take some time for me to get back to you, but I will get back to you.

Many thanks in advance!

John
John Peterson
FB 7, Sprachwissenschaft