Case marking in some Dravidian languages

Coelho gail at UTXVMS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Fri Dec 28 00:13:02 UTC 2001

Hi Clancy Clements,

My guess is that in the first, the focus of causation is 'me' -- that is
the sentence would read "He made me eat the biscuit". In the second, the
focus of causation is 'the biscuit' -- that is the sentence would read "He
got the biscuit eaten through the agency of me". But I'd like to hear what
native speakers or linguists working on these languages say about it. Could
you send us a summary of the replies, please?

Gail Coelho