Qs: locative adverbs/comparative grammar

Maggie Ronkin ronkinm at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun May 4 17:54:39 UTC 2003

Dear Vyakaran

I’m looking for good descriptions in English of the four-way system of
locative adverbs in Urdu-Hindi. My own interest is in the discursive
functions of yahiiN and vahiiN in narration. If possible, I’d also like to
know how these so-called emphatic forms came about. In addition, I’m looking
for a good comparative grammar of Urdu or Hindi and Panjabi, also in
English. Can anyone possibly help me out?

Many thanks.

Maggie Ronkin
Georgetown University