South Asian Linguistics-request

Ruth L. Schmidt r.l.schmidt at EAST.UIO.NO
Mon Jul 26 09:37:27 UTC 2004

Dear Peter,

With Internet Explorer 5 for the Mac the Devanagari font was not
displayed. With Netscape 4.7 it was displayed, but with anomalies
("ri" for "e" and others less transparent).

Regards,

Ruth

>VYAKARAN: South Asian Languages and Linguistics Net
>Editors:  Tej K. Bhatia, Syracuse University, New York
>           John Peterson, University of Osnabrueck, Germany
>Details:  Send email to listserv at listserv.syr.edu and say: INFO VYAKARAN
>Subscribe:Send email to listserv at listserv.syr.edu and say:
>           SUBSCRIBE VYAKARAN FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME
>           (Substitute your real name for first_name last_name)
>Archives: http://listserv.syr.edu
>
>Dear Members of the List,
>
>         This summer I have been working on grammatical material to help
>learners grasp the difference between compound verbs like <gir jaanaa>,
><lauT jaanaa>, etc. and <gir paRnaa>, <lauT paRnaa>, etc. An exercise
>intended to do this is at:
>
>http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pehook/CVpaRex.html
>
>If any of you would be willing to take a look at it and let me know about
>mistakes or flaws in it, I'd be very grateful to you.
>
>         All the best,
>
>                 Peter
>
>PS: The page is best accessed (on a PC) by using NS 4.x but any fairly
>recent version of Internet Explorer will show the Xdvng Devanagari font -
>although there may be extra space between certain aksharas.

Dept. of East European and Oriental Studies
University of Oslo
P.O. Box 1030 Blindern
N-0315 Oslo, Norway
Phone: (47) 22 85 55 86