Job Opening at the University of British Columbia

Tej Bhatia tkbhatia at MAILBOX.SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 29 14:12:14 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues,

Kindly bring the announcement reproduced below to the attention of all
qualified scholars. Most inquiries will probably be better answered by the
Chair, South Asian Search, Dept. of Asian Studies, Univ. of British
Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z2. However, if the
prospective candidates specializing in one or more of the following areas
need some specific  information pertaining to the study of the areas at UBC,
I may be able to supply it (such interested persons, as far as possible,
should call me on my office telephone number, 1 (country code)- 604 (area
code)-822-5185,  before contacting the Chair; I am unlikely to find the time
needed to respond to e-mails; messages for me to return the call can be left
on 1-604-822-0019): Sanskrit, Pali, Prakrit, Indology in general, early
Hinduism/Vedism/Brahmanism, Indian Buddhism, Jainism, Indian philosophy.

Many thanks. Sorry for any cross-postings.

Ashok Aklujkar
Professor

South Asian History, Language and Culture
University of British Columbia
--
Tej K. Bhatia
Professor