Gujarati grammar

clements at INDIANA.EDU clements at INDIANA.EDU
Sat Apr 30 10:13:01 UTC 2005

Hi Hugo,
I have a Gujarati grammar here in Bloomington, but it only describes a more
standardized version spoken in Ahmedabad. The southern Gujarat variety of
Gujarati, for example, (the variety spoken in Surat and Daman) is QUITE
different than the variety spoken in Ahmedabad. I ended up getting the TMA
system, negation patterns, and other structual patterns from people in Daman.
So, even if you have a certain grammar, it might not be what is spoken in Diu.
In any case, let's see what responses you receive from your query.

Clancy