Burushaski: request for help

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at CCAT.SAS.UPENN.EDU
Wed Oct 4 15:56:18 UTC 2006

Forwarded from AILA Research Network on Language Policy

I am from the Northern Areas of Pakistan and speaker of Brushaski
language. I am a teacher of English language in a higher secondary
school run by www.akesp.org <http://www.akesp.org/> the Aga Khan
Education Services. I have special interests in mother tongue literacy,
endangered  language documentation and description, multilingualism. The
voices in the languages of the Northern Areas of Pakistan are vanishing
day by day. The cultural and traditional system has been changed to the
National Policies of our country Pakistan in the post-colonial period.
We are worried about our languages, culture and tradition in this
transition. I wish to work on this project for developing an awareness
amongst the community and the government to take certain measure for
preserving the diversity which is very important for this region.

Piar Karim
Lecturer English
Aga Khan Education Services www.akdn.org <http://www.akdn.org>
ph# 05811-54565