Burushaski: request for help

Gail Coelho gc13 at SOAS.AC.UK
Wed Oct 4 16:34:24 UTC 2006

Piar might find it useful to check the information on the HRELP website,
which is a project set up to study endangered languages: http://www.hrelp.org/

Gail

At 04:56 PM 04/10/2006, Harold F. Schiffman wrote:
>VYAKARAN: South Asian Languages and Linguistics Net
>Editors:  Tej K. Bhatia, Syracuse University, New York
>           John Peterson, University of Osnabrueck, Germany
>Details:  Send email to listserv at listserv.syr.edu and say: INFO VYAKARAN
>Subscribe:Send email to listserv at listserv.syr.edu and say:
>           SUBSCRIBE VYAKARAN FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME
>           (Substitute your real name for first_name last_name)
>Archives: http://listserv.syr.edu
>
>Forwarded from AILA Research Network on Language Policy
>

>I am from the Northern Areas of Pakistan and speaker of Brushaski
>language. I am a teacher of English language in a higher secondary
>school run by www.akesp.org <http://www.akesp.org/> the Aga Khan
>Education Services. I have special interests in mother tongue literacy,
>endangered  language documentation and description, multilingualism. The
>voices in the languages of the Northern Areas of Pakistan are vanishing
>day by day. The cultural and traditional system has been changed to the
>National Policies of our country Pakistan in the post-colonial period.
>We are worried about our languages, culture and tradition in this
>transition. I wish to work on this project for developing an awareness
>amongst the community and the government to take certain measure for
>preserving the diversity which is very important for this region.
>
>Piar Karim
>Lecturer English
>Aga Khan Education Services www.akdn.org <http://www.akdn.org>
>ph# 05811-54565

Dr. Gail Coelho,
Lecturer in language documentation,
Endangered Languages Academic Programme,
School of Oriental and African Studies,
Thornhaugh Street,
Russell Square,
London WC1H OXG