Fwd: Numeral systems

John Peterson jpeterso at UNI-OSNABRUECK.DE
Wed Apr 23 07:00:40 UTC 2008

Hello!

I am forwarding this message on behalf of someone who is not a list
member. If you have questions or comments concerning the website, please
contact him directly.

Best,
John

------------------------ Ursprüngliche Nachricht ------------------------
Betreff: Greetings from  Hong Kong!
Von:     "Eugene S. L. Chan" <eugenechans at hkbn.net>
Datum:   Sa, 19.04.2008, 20:50
An:      jpeterso at uni-osnabrueck.de

Dear John,

[...]

I am now still working with Prof. Bernard Comrie on documentations of
numeral systems of languages in the world, with special attentions on
endangered numeral systems, as traditional numeral systems of small
languages are susceptible to be replaced by dominant languages. I have
built up a website hosted by the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary
Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany and I will share all the data in due
course to promote the research of small languages and raise the awareness
of endangered numeral systems.

Below is the website hosted by MPI and I am attaching a file to help
you view the site properly. However, as the site is still under construction
and there are still some typos need to check, so please kindly DON'T copy or
link the pages.

http://lingweb.eva.mpg.de/numeral/

If time permits, would you please kindly forward my website to colleagues
working on small languages in South Asia ?

Thank you very much in advance for your support.

With best wishes,

Sincerely,

Eugene

--