Hindi and Gujarati discontinuous NPs

Saartje Verbeke saartje.verbeke at UGENT.BE
Sun Apr 27 20:12:58 UTC 2008

I am not a native but I was wondering about the first Hindi sentence:

kitaabeN us-ne xariidiiN bahut acchii
books-FEM he-ERG buy.PST many.FEM
"He bought many books."

Shouldn't this be translated as "He bought books, very good ones",
with 'bahut acchii' used in the sense of a clarification, a kind of
after thought or appreciation. Like said, I am not a native and I am
not sure of this, it's just an idea.

Saartje