Question about place-names in North India

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at CCAT.SAS.UPENN.EDU
Fri Dec 26 16:33:12 UTC 2008

All:

I have been contacted by a geneticist who is interesting in the question
of genetic relationships among various populations in South Asia, and in
North India and/or northern South Asia in particular.  He has asked me
about studies of place names in North India, and I have very little to
share with him.  Anyone with information on research on this topic, please
let me know.

Hal Schiffman

Harold F. Schiffman
Emeritus Professor of Dravidian Linguistics and Culture
Dept. of South Asia Studies, Box 6305
820 Williams Hall 6305
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6305
haroldfs at gmail.com