[Fwd: FW: SALA Meeting 2008]

John Peterson jpeterso at UNI-OSNABRUECK.DE
Sun Feb 17 13:57:36 UTC 2008

Best, John

------------------------ Ursprüngliche Nachricht ------------------------
Betreff: FW: SALA Meeting 2008
Von:     "Dhareshwar, Lalita Uday" <lalitauday-dhareshwar at uiowa.edu>
Datum:   Sa, 16.02.2008, 00:06
An:

SALA 27, October 16, 2008

Hans Hock and I are proposing a one-day SALA meeting on Thursday, October
16, 2008, as a pre-conference before the regular Conference on South Asia
in Madison. The next regular meeting of SALA will not be until 2009, at
the University of North Texas, Denton. In the meantime, we hope to have a
shorter version of SALA in Madison.

Mailing;
Our mailing list may not be complete. Please forward this message to
anyone who you think would be interested.

Topics of SALA sessions:

Sanskrit and historical linguistics
Sociolinguistics
Analysis of South Asian languages--Syntax
                                                        Morphology
                                                        Phonology
Panel on Language Endangerment
In addition, there will be a panel organized by Sadaf Munshi on minority
and endangered languages, which will be part of the Conference on South
Asia.

Submitting an abstract
Abstracts should be  250-400 words. Please include a brief description of
the topic of
your paper, the kind of data you will use, and its relation to specific
issues. The abstract should include your name, your institutional
affiliation and your email address. The format should be a Word attachment
AND a PDF file. For those using Word 2007, save your file as Rich Text
Format or Word 97-compatible format, because of compatibility problems
with Word 2003 and Macintosh computers..

For SALA papers;
Email your abstract as two attachments to BOTH these addresses:

Hans Henrich Hock and Alice Davison
hhhock at uiuc.edu
alice-davison at uiowa.edu

For the Language Endangerment panel in the South Asia Conference:
Email your abstract as an attachment to:

Sadaf Munshi, U. of North Texas
sadafmunshi at unt.edu

Questions: Please email us at the email address above.
We hope to see you at the conference in Madison!

DEADLINE!
The deadline for abstracts is rather short: March 15, 2008. We have to
send the proposal for the conference as a whole to the South Asia
Conference by a strict deadline of April 1, 2008.

All participants  will be notified by email March 25 if your abstract is
accepted. If you are planning to present your paper at the conference, you
MUST register by April 1, with payment of the registration fee.
(This is $120 for non-students, and $80 for students). Register online at:

http://southasiaconference@wisc.edu

We hope to see you in Madison!

--
John Peterson