Resources on Central Asian languages -- Request for leads

Cynthia Groff cgroff at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Mon Aug 9 14:31:54 UTC 2010

Greetings all,

I am working on a compilation of resources currently available for the teaching and study of Central Asian languages and language policies.

This includes print and electronic resources on the languages in and around Afghanistan: background and general information on the region and languages of the region, language policies of the region and of specific countries, and language learning resources. Languages to be covered include but are not be limited to Pashto; Balochi (along with Saraiki, Sindhi, and some other Pakistani languages); Dari and other varieties of Persian, as well as Tajik; Turkic languages such as Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uyghur, and Uzbek; and Mongolian.

Would any of you be able to point me to current resources related to these languages, particularly those published within the past ten years?

Your help much appreciated!

Cynthia Groff