How about Globish ?

Madhukar Gogate mng1932 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 27 06:13:29 UTC 2014

How about Globish ?     (You may circulate, comment) Thanks. 26 March 2014

I understand that English is a compulsory second language in most
countries in Europe.  Note below is about situation in France, source
is mentioned. It looks pretty difficult to rectify current illogical
spellings in English. Huge investment has been made by even the
non-English countries, to study English, so they may oppose any
spelling reforms. Reform may take place, only as a popular movement,
if no further investment is required to alter all kinds of machines,
many of them are without diacritical marks. People do not want perfect
but heavy script, they want something easy to adopt, like 1 ft = 30 cm
(not 30.48 cm at scientific level). Till Unicode arrived, many people
in India used Roman script for emails in their languages. So depend
on public enthusiasm,  their convenience, to develop a parallel
English (which may be called Globish).  Let (Brick, Bridge, Health, Right)
continue in English, they will be (brik, brij, helth, raait) in Globish.
Refer E01 and note (e) on index page of (http://www.mngogate.com/) -- MNG
Note.
Growing domination of English language in France        (Source  BBC 8 Feb 2007 )
A group of trades unions and language lobbyists say the French language is being reduced to a local dialect. One campaigner has dubbed the battle to preserve the supremacy of the French language as a fight against "linguistic hegemony" of English.
"We can no longer tolerate this," said Albert Salon, president of the French-speaking campaigning group, Forum Francophone International. "We are not against influences of one language by another, or the occasional borrowing of words, but now there is a wholesale substitution of the French language for English."
English e-mails
He said in many companies it had become standard practice for native French speakers to use English even among themselves and French scientists were forced to publish their research, in English, in leading US journals. "We have nothing against the Brits or the Americans," Mr Salon said. "But we simply cannot accept that our language is reduced to a local dialect - we are protesting against this linguistic hegemony!".
A recent survey showed that seven percent of French firms used English as their main language and multinational companies often sent e-mails in English to their French employees. But Pierre Kosciusko-Morizet, CEO and founder of French site Priceminister.com, accepts that having English as a global business language enables him to converse with foreign colleagues in a common tongue. "Some things are facts and you can't fight against them," Mr Kosciusko-Morizet said. "We can promote French but I don't see very efficient ways of fighting English. English didn't become the global language of business by fighting other languages," he added.