Jaywalking

Jim Rader jrader at M-W.COM
Mon Aug 2 10:37:51 UTC 1999

Eric Hamp's middle name is "Pratt," not "Peter."  He's a man who
likes precise detail, so I feel bound to stick my nose in and correct
this one.  Eric's parents were British--I believe they emigrated when
he was a small child--and he used to sprinkle his speech with
carefully preserved Briticisms, one of them being his pronunciation
of _schedule_.

JIm Rader