Listening tour; In like Flynn

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Aug 11 21:39:52 UTC 1999

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> LISTENING TOUR
>
>      Hillary Clinton is on a "listening tour" of New York State.  I wrote to
> her with a problem she could have solved--and got a form letter that didn't
> listen to anything I said.
>      "Listening tour" is on the Dow Jones database from about 1983--anyone
> have earlier?

The earliest Nexis evidence is Miami Herald, March 14, 1982.

Fred R. Shapiro                             Coeditor (with Jane Garry)
Associate Librarian for Public Services     TRIAL AND ERROR: AN OXFORD
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            ANTHOLOGY OF LEGAL STORIES
Yale Law School                             Oxford University Press, 1998
e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu               ISBN 0-19-509547-2