IDEA

Paul Meier pmeier at EAGLE.CC.UKANS.EDU
Tue Aug 24 17:52:15 UTC 1999

I am not a linguist.  My interest in dialects is as a dialect coach for
theatre and film where there was a tremendous need for quickly
accessible primary sources dialect speech.  I have tried to remedy this
by creating IDEA (International Dialects of English Archive) here at the
University of Kansas.  I invite your perusal of this fledgling project
and your comments.  How could this site be just as useful to linguists
as to the performing arts?  Is there a better standard text than the
Rainbow Passage?  Comments anyone?  Offsets preferably.  Click
www.ukans.edu/~idea

Paul Meier
Professor of  Theatre and Film