Wordwatch? He-bitch

P2052 at AOL.COM P2052 at AOL.COM
Fri Dec 17 18:13:44 UTC 1999

Lately, I have heard males being referred to as , "bitch."  The first time I
heard this, I simply dismissed it as either a mistake or the speaker's
attempting to be humorous.  However, with subsequent uses (by others, as well
as by the same speaker), I determined from the situational context that this
was something borrowed from the homosexual community (I've often heard gay
males refer to each other as "bitch" or
"Miss Thang.") Even more confusing (at least, the first time I heard it) was
their referring to each other, using 3rd person singular, feminine pronouns
(she, her, hers, and herself.)
                    PAT