Ooops!

Mike Salovesh t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Sat Jul 31 06:23:46 UTC 1999

Earlier this evening, I was putting away some freshly-done laundry in
our bedroom. I turned the alarm clock radio on to our local NPR outlet
to fill the silence.  I came in at the start of a program called
"Marketplace", which usually is the home of corporate puff pieces and
other business "news".  For me, it's a close call which is preferable:
Marketplace or dead silence.

I'm glad I left the radio on this time.

They broadcast a short bit of alleged information about travel,
announced by somebody introduced as "Mr. Savvy".  I'll try to quote his
beginning:

"Shakespeare got it right when he said 'get thee to a nunnery'.
Travelers to Italy report that there are a number of convents and
monasteries that provide
excellent tourist accommodations.  Their low prices make them a great
bargain."

Mr. Savvy may not know much  about Shakespeare, but he is one hell of a
comic.
I started laughing so hard that I had to give up on the laundry sorting.

It sure was a perfect demonstration of why people should forget the crib
sheets and read both the full text and the footnotes.

--  mike salovesh             <salovesh at niu.edu>        PEACE !!!