Coasters

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Fri Jun 4 21:07:17 UTC 1999

Regarding a posting about CD-ROM burners I made a while ago, here's a term I
like a lot: coasters. It refers to CDs that do not burn properly and are,
therefore, of no use except perhaps as drink coasters.

>From http://www.macintouch.com/imac.html

"I ran into the same problem after adding the Adesso 4 port USB hub (which by
the way I like very much). Until that time the Sony drive had worked flawlessly.
After adding the hub I had a rash of coasters. After a little experimentation I
found that as long as the hub is connected to the computer (whether or not the
drive is connected through the hub) I could not create an audio CD at 4x."