Forty-Nine Bottles of Beer on the Wall

Bruce K. Dykes bkd at GRAPHNET.COM
Wed Jun 16 14:44:18 UTC 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Bapopik at AOL.COM <Bapopik at AOL.COM>
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 1999 01:42
Subject: Forty-Nine Bottles of Beer on the Wall

>     This continues the discussion a year ago (see the archives of
>"Ninety-Nine Bottles of Beer on the Wall").  It will be especially useful
for
>any of you taking long summer trips.
>     It's from G. I. SONGS (1944), written, composed and/or collected by
The
>Men in the Service, pg. 208:
>
>     FORTY-NINE BOTTLES
>
>Forty-nine bottles hanging on the wall,
>Forty-nine bottles hanging on the wall.
>Take one away from them all:
>Forty-eight bottles hanging on the wall.
>
>(If you're in the mood--and you might be!--you can continue this noble song
>all the way down to "One bottle hanging on the wall"--provided, of course,
>that your listeners haven't slain you by then.)

And let's not forgot the rarely heard final verse:

No bottles of beer on the wall,
No bottles of beer,
Go to the store,
Buy some more,
Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall.

Due to the fact I have trouble with the 'pass it around' portion of the
instructions, I don't remember exactly where I read it...

Bruce