Text to Speech

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Tue May 11 21:54:39 UTC 1999

You might find the following page interesting. It's for MBROLA, "a freely
available multilingual synthesizer." In other words, you can type
phonemes in and get sounds out in a handful of languages. It's available for
myriad platforms in various forms. I haven't installed the pieces yet, so I
can't vouch.

http://tcts.fpms.ac.be/synthesis/mbrcopy.html

[I came across it because I wanted to add French-speaking capabilities to
my Mac; I already have the English and Spanish text-to-speech that comes
with it. It's a great studying tool.]