Swiss cheese

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkm at SLIP.NET
Wed Nov 3 07:27:28 UTC 1999

>... The
>half-round of cheese is put right up to the heat, and when the melted
>layer is just about to ooze off the chunk, you scrape it off with a knife
>onto the traditional potato, tomato, and sweet pickle.

Tomato?  I never saw that in Switzerland.  Raclette was always served with
potatoes, cubes of French bread, and sweet gherkins.  The initial order was
3 plates of the raclette, and after that you were charged by the plate.
When you were ready to leave, they just counted the number of stacked
plates.

Of course when I make it at home, I put out the traditional accompaniments
plus anything else I think would be good with melted cheese on it - like
tomato...

Rima