Swiss cheese

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Tue Nov 2 16:08:02 UTC 1999

Woops. Not to be picky, but that's sounding a lot like fondue, minus
another couple of cheeses. We use Gruyere, Appenzeller, Emmenthaler, and
Raclette as the "binder." You can use Fontina as a binder as well, but
Raclette does a better job. .. Raclette is made with...well, Raclette. The
half-round of cheese is put right up to the heat, and when the melted
layer is just about to ooze off the chunk, you scrape it off with a knife
onto the traditional potato, tomato, and sweet pickle.

Peter R.