"gay: (and Geo. Chauncey)

Mon Nov 22 21:25:47 UTC 1999

Quite unrelated:  Do you have any idea how George Chauncey pronounces his
last name??  I'm trying to recall the Peter Sellers movie (was it "Being
There"?), where Sellers' Chance the Gardener becomes Chauncey Gardiner,
with an "upgrade" in the pronunciation of the first name.  Obviously, I'm
curious!