CB Slanguage Language Dictionary; Snickerdoodle

A. Vine avine at ENG.SUN.COM
Thu Oct 21 16:49:12 UTC 1999

Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> SNICKERDOODLE
>
>      OCLC WorldCat has:
>
> 1974--HOW TO MAKE SNICKERDOODLES AND 100 OTHER RECIPES FOR FUN AND LEARNING
> by the Family Learning Centers, Inc. (adapated from the West Virginia Day
> Care Enrichment Program).
> 1975--SLUMPS, GRUNTS, AND SNICERDOODLES: WHAT COLONIAL AMERICA ATE AND WHY by
> Lila Perl.

I have more on snickerdoodles:

I polled my cookie-baking and cookie-eating friends.  My Connecticut friend said
she had never heard of snickerdoodles until someone in college made them for
her.  My friend who grew up in California and Illinois was well aware of them in
childhood (her mom, the snickerdoodle baker, was raised on a farm in Illinois).

As I said, I never heard of them in Texas and Connecticut.

But, one of my friends found this site, which has some interesting info:

http://www.sun-maid.com/doodles.html

The Sun-Maid site claims they used to be called Jolly Boys, Tangle Breeches and
Kinkawoodles in the 19th century.

Food for thought (or would that be "Just desserts"?)
Andrea